Monday, April 20, 2009

Restoration

At physical therapy today, my husband got to come with me. I had a series of new tests today to compare with when I was initially assessed. For example, today I had to touch my left shoulder with my left ear. Before, I was only able to get my head down 18 degrees. My 'goal' for today was an increase of 10 degrees. I was able to bend my head a full 50 degrees. My physical therapist admitted that was better than HER "scores". So then I had a ton of other stuff to do that would rate my dizziness. Before, my dizziness ratings were really bad. In fact, I was listed as severly dizzy and a fall risk. Today, I was rated as completely normal. I couldn't keep the tears away and my husband was grinning ear to ear.

My therapist told me that she would love to keep seeing me, but honstely can't justify a reason for me to keep coming in. I'll finish the week out and then discharged on Friday (I was scheduled to go until my next MRI appointment in June)!! Then, she asked if I would mind if they used me as a case study because no one in the building had ever seen such a radical "improvement". How awesome is my God???

17 long months... 17 months of pain, and medication, and sleepless nights, and worry, and misery - and there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel because the tunnel has been blown up and I am in full sunlight!!!! How precious is the God that I serve?? Of course, He didn't have to touch me at all. I could've died 17 months ago when death looked me in the eye... But to radically heal me?? I mean, RADICALLY??? It's so hard to explain how WONDERFUL I feel, because it was hard to explain how horrible I felt before.

But when God touched me, I wasn't promised healing. I was promised a restoration - and you just don't even know how TRUE that has been!!! Being healed is just the beginning!!! Relationships that I never thought could ever be revived again have began to breath... Promises that were made to me so long ago are beginning to be fulfilled... Parts of me - my personality, my desires, my prayers - have resurfaced and are becoming a part of me again... For so long, I was in a famine... So lost... So confused... So hurt... Oh but that famine is over!!! I am dancing in the rain! The wonderous rain is washing away all that I had settled on and restoration is budding and blooming all around me...

No comments: