Thursday, April 16, 2009

Rambles running through my head...

Sometimes I think it's a dream... Have I really been healed?? It's amazing that I can do things that I had sort of gotten used to "avoiding". I have gone to the gym almost every day now, and yesterday I biked for 5 1/2 miles in 20 minutes! That's crazy! I didn't do that BEFORE!! AND I didn't even take a nap yesterday - I have taken a nap everyday for like 17 months because I just couldn't function without one! LOL

Everyone tells me not to overdo it, but I'm so curious as to what I can do. Like, I haven't been able to put my head under water because the pressure difference just killed me, and now I am just dying to "test" it out.

It's sort of odd and surreal to go from such extremes... I felt so horrible, and now I feel better than ever! I mean, I love it!!! It's just a little odd. LOL

It's after midnight and I used to complain about being up all night because of pain, and now I'm up all night because I'm too excited to go to sleep!! I've been trying to cram in all the little things that I've wanted to do for so long... But it's funny, because I wake up at 7 and don't feel all sluggish... It's great!!!

May is National Brain Tumor Awareness month, and I really want to do SOMETHING. I've let it creep up on me... Anyone with ideas?? I know that I'll use the power of the Internet to share little facts and stuff every day through the month, and I'm going to talk to a couple doctor's offices to see about putting up a little display. I would really like to get little grey awareness bracelets for my friends and family... On my self address labels I have a picture of an MRI with the words "Proud Brain Tumor Survivor" at the bottom of it. Guess that's a start.

And even though I have been touched and feel so great, I haven't at all forgotten those of you that are still struggling. I haven't forgotten the pain and fear that I lived in for over a year and a half. Saturday I actually get to visit with someone living with an inoperable brain tumor. His tumor is benign, but it's in his spinal colum. I hope that our visit is as uplifting for him and I am excited about it.

So my brain is just jam packed with all that I want to do that I haven't been able to do in so long. It's just absolutely amazing to feel so wonderful!! I can't even describe how great I feel!! Before I would dread when people asked how I felt because I either lied and said "fine" or I just felt like a broken record. Now when people ask how I am, I just want to cry and twirl and jump up and down! LOL I should try that like in the grocery store tomorrow - the cashier would think I had lost my mind! If only she knew, I've just gotten it back!

No comments: