Monday, April 6, 2009

Thus saith the Lord - Part II (LOL)

Well, I must admit that I am still walking on clouds after yesterday... I woke up this morning and slowly turned my head to the right, then I slowly turned it to the left - and there was no pain! I sat up and had no headache! I went to my physical therapy appointment today and my "numbers" astounded my therapist because my tolerance level for dizziness and pain are WAY better than they were just last week.

In the car, my son and I popped in a Casting Crowns CD, cranked the volume up, and sang along!!! And I never cringed!!! The loud music didn't bother me and his 3-year-old screaching in the back didn't bother me!

I won't lie and say that I have been healed completely because I haven't been, BUT that's not what God said anyway. My neck is still stiff and as the day goes on I'm losing energy; however, I can honestly say that I feel the best that I've felt in way too long to remember!!! Unless you've been in constant intense pain, it's probably hard to relate, but I have danced and waved my hands in the heavens all day praising God for a day of relief!


Yesterday, one of the things spoke to me was that I'd have some "Thus saith the Lord's" and ironically enough, this is the scripture that I came to today to meditate on:
"Isa 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste."

In Isaiah, God said He was looking for a foundation stone... a tried stone... How would stone be tried? I'm honestly not sure, but I do know when gold is tried, it's put in fire... Tried... Diamonds go through being all cut up and stuff... Tried... Sounds a little painful...

I think that it's a fair call to say I've been tried in the last 17+ months... I've been physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially "tried". There have been days that my faith in a God that hasn't relieved me of my pain has been questioned by others and there have been days that death has taunted me. There have been days that my family seemed totally expanded and days that this infliction has cost me relationships... There have been days that we've had ramen noodles for dinner and there have been days that the bank account looked dangerously low. There have been days that bill collectors call all day and that the mailbox overflows with medical bills. There have been multiple nights that I've laid awake and cried in pain and there have been days that I've laid in the dark of my quiet room in pain. Oh yes, I think it's fair to say that I've been tried!

But He doesn't stop there. This same stone He calls precious... He calls sure... Whoa... (Ain't my God good?) Cause I don't think I'm precious and I'm not so sure about being sure, but if I know I've been tried then the other two descriptions just come along with it...

Then, notice the last part of that verse - if you believe, don't make haste. Believe what exactly? One chapter before and you'll note that Israel had been destroyed, demolished, held captive, etc., so maybe that believe is to believe that Israel can be restored. How can that be applied to today? Try this (totally my own words), Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I am looking for a foundation stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: and if you believe that I can restore an entire city with just one stone (cause His promise was to restore Israel), then you believe that I can also restore you...

WHOA!!! So Sunday morning, something that was spoke to me was that some of the things that I've lost... some of the things held captive and destroyed... that those things would be restored unto me. You don't even KNOW how much I'm praising God right now.

My health has just been a little piece of His puzzle. I'd been destroyed long before my brain tumor. I'd watched some things be demolished years before my surgery. So here He is, my God, that cares so much for me that He sent along this seemingly horrible thing to allow me to be tried... because all He needs is a tried stone to rebuild... to restore...

No comments: