Monday, April 13, 2009

MRI Results

For 42 days, I lived in constant intense pain. I had a horrible headache, and my neck hurt. Plus my neck was very stiff. The pain kept me up at night and after about 20 days or so, I started feeling REALLY discouraged. If you've ever dealt with chronic pain, then you can probably relate. I was absolutely exhausted and began wondering why God spared my life 17 months ago just for me to live in such intense pain. Much to my husband's horror, I told him that I would have rathered die than feel so wretched for the rest of my life.

The pain was too much for me to make my PE class, and I BARELY made C's in my Microbiology class. My nursing entrance exam was coming up, yet I was in so much pain that I didn't even study for it. I just couldn't.

I didn't understand why God hadn't healed me because I believed with my whole heart that He IS a healer. I know many don't believe that and I know many of you are going to begin to think I'm crazy as you read on, but I don't care what you think because I know what I know.

So 42 days passed... I didn't give up on God. In fact during that time I prayed for healing to fall on a young girl in the middle of Lowe's (complete with crazy stares and all). Maybe God hadn't healed me, but my Bible says that He's the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8). I did not understand why He hadn't touched my body, but I still knew that if He could heal back then, He can heal now.

On April 1st, I had an MRI. 38 days into the pain. On April 5th, we had a visiting Pastor at our church. I was so exhausted, and weary, and hurting that it's a miracle that I kept dragging myself to church, yet I tried very hard to act as "normal" as possible for my husband and kids. I had been looking forward to our service because the visiting Pastor is a younger guy and draws some younger people that don't normally come to church. I had been praying for the service because I wanted God to speak to them, but I was in a shock when God spoke to me.

The title of the message was, "In Case Of A Famine", and it was really good. I knew for sure that I had been in a "famine". Not feeling good totally interupted my life - including my spiritual life. I felt so totally alone and like I was just walking circles in a desert. I felt hopeless. But In Case Of a Famine...

Towards the end of the message, the visiting Pastor started talking about a "young darling" that had battled one infirmity after another. I knew in my core that he was talking to me. I mean, there was the brain tumor, then all that the post-surgery brought, the swelling build-up, and now this constant pain. I began to sob and stepped forward and he allowed God to speak to me in ways that I can't even explain. And I felt the heaviness on me lift and I felt like life had been breathed into me again...

Today is day 8 that I have been pain-free. I don't care what anyone says, God touched me. I didn't change medicines, I didn't change doctors, I didn't change anything. I just woke up Monday morning with no headache. I slowly turned my head to the left (and was able) and felt no pain. I slowly turned my head to the right (and was able) and felt no pain. Slowly I sat up, and there was no pain!!!

So today, April 13th, the results from my MRI came back. Due to where the tumor was and where the fluid likes to build up, the MRI showed a bulging disk in my neck that had more than likely been pinching a nerve. So I wasn't crazy!! That explained the 42 days of neck stiffness and the pain in my head & neck. But get this, I got the results of the MRI 8 days AFTER the pain has completely gone away. 8 days being pain-free and there hasn't been any treatment of the bulging disk because we haven't even known about it!!!!

Proof that my God touched me! Here is more proof. Remember how I've barely made 'C's in Microbiology? Remember how I couldn't even study for the nursing entrance exam? I took the test during the days of pain, and was one of the first ones done because I did an awful lot of guessing. Well, guess who got a letter congratulating them for their acceptence into the nursing program this summer.... ME!!! I know that God had a hand in that because there are people in my Micro class with much higher GPA's than me and that made MUCH higher on that nursing test than me that have been put on a waiting list.

So see, Jesus Christ IS the same Lord that was written about in the Bible. And you know what's mind blowing about that? If He performed all those miracles then, just think of what He can do now...

No comments: