Friday, March 6, 2009

You are my EVERYTHING and I will adore You!

Everything: total; all

If you’ve been around Christians long enough, chances are you have heard someone proclaim that Christ is their everything. He is certainly my everything, but coming to that place where He’s all I’ve got and He’s all I need hasn’t come easy.

See, we have to come to a place of realization that our strength, wisdom, education, money, health, friends and family are nothing because everything we have and everything that we are comes from him. We have to become nothing to allow Him to be it all…

· Strength: Psalm 20:6 “Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.”
Just the strength in one of His hands is enough to save!....
· Wisdom: 1Corinthians 1:24-25 “But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
At His most foolish point, God is still wiser than men!
· Education: Exodus 3:11 “And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?”....
Moses was surely well educated – he was adopted by Pharaoh’s daughter, and yet he knew that he couldn’t rely on his own education…
· Wealth: Deuteronomy 8:18 “But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.”
He gave power to get wealth (and He can take it away too).....
· Health: Jeremiah 30:17 "For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD;"
3 John 1:2 "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth....."
So you know I had to list 2 scriptures for health, HA. But if He restores health, then obviously we have little control over some of our own health issues. And I know first hand that health can be taken away in a minute. I was young, “healthy”, never had any health problems – and then wah-lah! (-: But oh how sweet Jesus is that He WANTS me to prosper and be in health.
· Friends: Job 16:20 “My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God.”....
· Family: Psalms 27:10 “When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.” ....
Matthew 18:21-22 “Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.” ....
So your friends and family may scorn you. They may turn their back on you. They may sin against you, but

Deuteronomy 4:31 “(For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.”
God will never let you down.

It’s so easy to say that God is our everything, but is He really? In order for someone to be everything, they must be ALL (that’s by definition alone). Is He your all?? Cause if He is, then that means you are nothing... Are you cool with that?

No comments: