Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sometimes I just need to dwell in the shadow of the Almighty...

Psalms 91:1-2 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

I could go on and on because today Psalms Chapter 91 is the perfect passage for me. If I can just crawl into that secret place and dwell there in the shadow of the Almighty... What peace can be found there! What a wonderful place of rest.

The Lord is my refuge! He is my protector from fear and doubt. I can envision him whipping out His sword and keeping those creeping feelings away from me. I trust Him with all that is within me because I know that He loves me. And even though He loves me, there are still some things that life throws my way that bring hurt. I can imagine that He's shed just as many tears over my pain as I have, but He's promised that He'll be with me every step of the way. And He has been.

I don't understand why I'm feeling this pain... But I choose to trust Him. I choose to trust that He is perfect and that no matter the outcome of my situation, there is a much bigger picture at stake here. I am merely a piece in this giant puzzle and He will place me in the perfect spot because that's who He is. He is perfect.

So God, thank you for loving me! Sometimes I think you must have me confused with someone else... Why waste your love on me? Don't You know how unworthy I am? But of course You do, because You are God. And that is grace. You love me no matter how unworthy I am. You are so wonderful because dispite of my bumps and bruises, You call me Your own!

Thank you for allowing me to be in Your hands. I might not be comfortable and I might be in pain, but it's such a relief to know that I am in perfect hands. How humbling to know that my life is just a piece of Your giant puzzle! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of Your plan, even if it means uncomfort for me. Because even though I might not be the most comfortable, You have graciously given me a place to rest. And so I will rest in your shadow.

No comments: