Monday, March 2, 2009

My fellow brain tumor survivors - ever have these thoughts???

So yesterday was a normal day. Didn't feel bad. No headache. But suddenly all I could think about was my upcoming MRI and how I would tell people if the brain tumor came back. I wasn't sad or anything, just trying to figure out the best way to let people know. Is that crazy or what? I haven't even had the MRI yet, and no real reason to think that the tumor is back.

Tried mentioning my thoughts to my husband, but people think that I'm being negetive or that I'm depressed or something. Needless to say, he didn't want to talk about it. LOL I really don't think that I'm negetive and I don't think I'm depressed. Of course we are all trying to be positive about a clean MRI, but why do we have to ignore that the MRI might not be clean? And why does it seem like I'm the only one that can accept that as a possibility? And how come I have to be negetive just to acknowledge that there is just as good of a chance for a clean MRI as one that shows some growth...

Is there anyone out there that can relate?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can definitely confirm for you, that you are NOT ALONE !! I feel the same way everytime my MRI comes due, or even if i happen to get one of my headaches and nausea at the same time, I start worrying that something has changed, the tumor has started to grow again. So no, luv, you are not alone and no you are not just being negative, it is a reality that we deal with every single day, the reality that this monster in our head can start growing again anytime. We arent negative we are realistic. I hope it helps to know you are not alone. Amy (canada)