Monday, October 28, 2013

Not the day I had planned...

Last week, because I finally became exasperated after staying up all night puking my brains out, I had called and left a message for my neurologists' office regarding the nausea and vomiting that I've been having now for months. I neglected to mention in my message about how I'm blowing up like a balloon and how my hair is falling out in handfuls. But no matter because today her office called me back and wanted blood work today, including an ammonia level.
 
Now I will admit that I quit looking up the side effects of medication ages ago, and as a nurse, perhaps I should be ashamed? But reading all the side effects of all the many medications that I've taken through the years was just freaking me out. As a result, I had an idea that the GI upset was a side effect of the medicine (which is why I waited so long to ever even call her office), but I did not know about the hair loss and weight gain. Nor did I understand why she wanted an ammonia level today. What's my ammonia level got to do with it?
 
Well, apparently, a lot. Ugh.  One of the side effects of Depakote is an increase in ammonia levels that results in EVERY ONE OF THE STUPID SYMPTOMS THAT I'M HAVING!!!! Lovely. It can also lead to reduced attentiveness and response accuracy. I am saddened to say, that I have caught myself doing (or not doing) really stupid things lately. I've also found it very hard to be motivated at work. I just haven't been able to get my mind on work. Not good! Who wants an employee like that around?!?!? I wouldn't!
 
So anyway, off I went to get my labs drawn. The results of them won't be back until the morning. Because of today's events, I missed most of the day at work. I swear, my employer is going to hate me. Anytime I have missed, and it's been a lot, it's because of my dumb head. It just makes me so aggravated. Why, oh why, can't I just be NORMAL? :(
 
Ugh. Don't mind my pity party today. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be just fine. Right now, I'll just fantasize about eating cookie dough... If I wasn't so dang nauseated, that's exactly what I'd do. Cookie dough always makes things better. (;

No comments: