Saturday, October 12, 2013

Champ of the "Remember When" Game

Last night, Martin and I played the game most married couples play... We played the 'remember when' game.  I  know you're familiar with this game.  "Remember when we first met?"  or "Remember the first time we went on a trip together?"
 
Of course no proper reminiscing game would be complete without some bursts of laughter... and memories of tragedies... or times of huge strain... or the times we were closest.  For nearly 10 years of marriage, there was one common theme that was woven through our 'game' - ANYTHING is possible. 
 
Some times, lots of times, we have to think back on milestones in our life to reaffirm that if those milestones were possible, think of how many more you will soon tackle! I am often so doubtful in myself, but as we drove and talked about all that we have achieved and all we have overcome, I began remembering one thing - I can do ALL things through Christ which strengthens me! How easily I forget a seemingly simple scripture that I quote to my children all the time. It can be so much easier to believe in others, but believing in myself has always seemed so challenging. Silly really, when time and time again the monuments erected in my life just prove the opposite of what I tend to believe (that I can't).
 
In the end, I think it's probably safe to say that I won the 'remember when' game!

No comments: