Monday, September 2, 2013

Mourning the loss of me

We just got home from spending Labor Day weekend at the beach. Used to, I loved nothing more than the beach... The feeling of the sun warming my skin, the sound of the waves crashing on the beach, the soft powdery sand between my toes, sounds of children screaking in delight, etc. However, like I said, that was used to...
 
Now... well, now as much as I try to enjoy what used to be my paradise, it just leaves me sick and miserable. It doesn't take long for the bright sunlight to be blinding, my skin burns and I feel so hot that I think I'm going to hurl any second, the sounds that I once loved ring in my head, and instead of enjoying myself I'm just miserable.
 
I try as hard as I can to have fun, to BE fun for my family, but I must accept that the place that was once my paradise is no longer my favorite spot on earth.
 
Perhaps I should try a mountain trip???

No comments: