Thursday, September 12, 2013

Link found in obesity and chronic migraines

Well, had "the headache" yesterday. Even had to take a Fiorecet at work, which I rarely EVER do. Normally the codeine in it makes me a little sleepy, but yesterday it just seemed to take the edge off. By the time I made it home, my head hurt so back that I was dizzy and opening my eyes hurt. Ended up taking a Relpax and climbing in bed. Wondering if it was just time for a headache, or if it was the exercise from the day before??? But surely not (the exercise)... If that was a trigger, wouldn't I have felt bad while, or shortly after, the run?
 
Anyway, I got through the day. This morning I still have a mild headache. It's like a caution light warning me that it wouldn't take much to set me into another full fledged migraine. The funny thing is, once I get to work, somehow I'm able to get through the day. Being busy probably distracts me. My head doesn't stop hurting, but as long as I keep busy and don't settle down, I can make it. The MD that I work for even had to run me out of there yesterday. I had enough work that I could have easily stayed another hour!
 
Huh. The news just said that "obese people are 81% more likely to suffer from chronic migraines, but more research is needed to see if weight loss decreases symptoms". Just more reason for me to keep running! :)

No comments: