Sunday, September 8, 2013

Grace and Tornadoes

Sometimes I have wondered if I stay sick because of something I have, or have not, done. At this point, I am too weary to have faith. I guess I feel that if I haven't been healed at this point, I never will be. The money I owe to doctors and hospitals is overwhelming, never mind what I pay each month for medicines. I am mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically exhausted and the 'fight' that I once had left a long time ago.
 
But today I thought about God's grace. I thought of how it is not contingent on me. He is good no matter how weary I am. He is good if I'm a 'fighter' and when I feel overwhelmed. He is good just because that is who He is. I don't have to earn His grace and I don't have to worry about losing it.
 
God created me and knew just what I could tolerate. He knows that I am only a human and He knew ages ago that after 6 years of pain and no relief in sight, I would be weak, weary, and faithless.  Another thing that I remembered is that even though I can't hear Him... even though I feel as if I've been walking in the wilderness forever... my prayers are NOT bouncing off the sky. I believe with everything I have left that He is a tear collector.
 
 
On another note, last night I dreamt about tornadoes. I have once heard that dreaming of tornadoes means that you feel you have lost control. How fitting is that! I have no control over my health and how I feel. I am terrified to commit to anything because I don't know how I'll feel hour to hour, much less days in advance. I feel as if I have no control over any of my dreams, or goals, or plans. Shoot, I don't even have a personality anymore!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When do you follow up with the neurologist? Why have you been non-compliant on the med increase? Because of the nausea? You need to be conscientious of your depression and watch it carefully so it doesn't drive you to do something crazy. I love you cuz and I have faith that your new doctor is going to help you conquer this. Please don't hesitate to call her if it's not working fast enough or if the side effects are too bad.

Erica

Jessica (I've survived a brain tumor!) said...

I saw her a couple weeks ago. I've been non-compliant on the med increase because throwing up constantly sucks. The depression is MUCH better since I weaned off the Topamax. I'm gonna be fine. Don't worry your pretty little head. (; Jessica