Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Running, running, running

Ran 3 miles again today with my husband. My running is really improving and I can see where I might actually enjoy it. No strider today, nor did I throw up! YIPPEE!!! My average time was 16:15 a mile and my heart rate average was 166. Headache is only now about a 4!
 
Since being off of the Topamax, my mind seems clearer. For as long as I can remember, I've felt like I was thinking through a fog. Sometimes I would stutter or even say incorrect words. I've always described it as feeling "dumb". Those things seem to be happening less often, which is certainly a confidence booster! I've also been actually missing things I used to enjoy like reading and crafts. I haven't had any interest in either of these things in what feels like years! So maybe the depression is better too? Doc might have been right about the Topamax causing it! And to think... I just thought I was nuts.
 
Before switching from Topamax to Depakote, I would average a strong/severe migraine at least 5 days out of 7. I also would wake up at least 3 nights a week from the pain. I have noticed that I'm sleeping more often through the night, and my headaches might have become less frequent. It is a little tough to tell though because I've had so much nausea lately. One new thing is that I seem to dream a lot more than before. Last night I dreamt about snakes under the hood of the car. Strange, huh? Tornados, snakes... I read something about dream interpretation that said those 2 things were signs of feeling out of control or overwhelmed. If that's the case, I should have been dreaming those dreams ages ago!
 
So the moral to today's story is that I once again see a light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe running and Depakote is gonna be the tricks to give me some quality of life?!?

No comments: