Thursday, January 1, 2009

Trying to forgive...

It's so hard to forgive when the hurt is so justified, and yet that is exactly what Jesus did for me. He forgave me even when there was absolutely no reason for Him too... What strength that must have taken! To forgive when your heart feels broken and hurt is nearing its' bitter turn to anger...

Shaky relationships have shattered and crumbled at my feet (and naturally I point the blame at "The Brain Tumor") and I know that I have to forgive, I want to forgive, and yet I can't. I've tried. I've thought that I had. And yet still it's obvious that I haven't because the wounds still ooze with pain. Truly I need the help and strength of God.

And He will help me and He will be my strength because He is strength.

NKJV
Exodus 15: 2 "The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will exalt Him."

Psalm 18:1 "I will love You, O LORD, my strength."

Psalm 18:32 "It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect."

1 comment:

Brian Padian said...

jessica -
i know the feeling. several of my relationships were impacted by the brain tumor in negative ways, one irreparably. it ate me up for years and it is only just now - 4 yrs later - that i am beginning to make peace w/ the situation. a long road.