Monday, January 5, 2009

The Holidays THIS Year (Oh what a difference a year makes!)

No pictures of bald heads or walkers in these recent holiday pictures! We had a wonderful holiday and spent 8 days with my Papi and family in California (which is clear across the continent for us). I was surprised with how well I did with the altitude changes and all. My head hurt on the plane on the way there and there was only one day that I didn't have the greatest of days, but that was it! Maybe the "bad" days are getting fewer and fewer... That would be nice!
My kids got to see snow for the first time; and for the first time in ages I was able to read a book just 'cause! I read 'The Shack' and was surprised by how much I liked it and the volumes in which God spoke to me through it.
Coming back home was bittersweet, but we spent an evening with Martin's extended family and the next day with my mom's family. Both nights were great and we had a lot of fun.
To ring in the New Year we visited a Hispanic Church in town with a friend of mine and it was awesome! It was almost like being on the mission field or being plucked up from here and plopped in the middle of Mexico. We couldn't understand most of what was said, and no one could really understand us, but that was okay. Still the praise and the presence of God was undeniable and it was just too cool.
So now we are back to the 'real' world and I'm looking forward to it. I start back school Wednesday and I'll be taking Microbiology and Spanish. I'm pretty stoked. Micro should be interesting. Signing up for classes this semester just reminded me that no matter what obstacles may be thrown your way, with the strength of God, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

No comments: