Monday, January 12, 2009

Lord, You are good!

Ever heard the song 'Lord, You are Good'? Well, in church yesterday we sang it, and as we got to the part that says, "You are good, all the time, all the time, You are good!" I started thinking about just how true that really is.

God is good when I have "headache" days and He is good when I feel fine.
God is good when I have difficulty remembering and He is good when I don't.
God is good on the trips that I take to the doctor or hospital and He's good when I don't have to make those trips.
God is good when I am laying in an MRI machine and He's still good when I'm not.
God is good when my prayers seem to bounce off the sky and He is good when they don't.
God is good when I don't understand the curveballs that life throws my way and He is good when there are no balls flying at me.
God is good when our finances look slim and He is good when our every need is met.
God is good when I feel helpless and hopeless and He is good when I'm reminded that He is my help and my hope.
God is good when medical bills stack up on my desk...
God is good when I feel overwhelmed...
God is good ALL THE TIME.
God is good when I feel lost or confused and He is good when I'm granted understanding.
God is good when the storms threaten to overtake me and He is good when there is peace.
God is good when my kids are angels and He is good when they seems possessed.
God is good when my marraige is struggling and He is good when it is strong.
God is good when I make 'A's on tests in school and He's still good when I barely make 'C's.
God is good when I don't understand His decisions...
God is good when my heart feels broken...
God is good ALL THE TIME.

No comments: