Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Searching for that silver lining (;

So yesterday was rough at work and sadly today was no better. You spend too much time at work to be miserable, and to add insult to injury, a horrible embarrassing female problem occurred resulting in me needing to rush home to change clothes. :/ AWFUL! Nothing like that has ever happened to me before in my 30 years of living, and I WAS prepared... but it just wasn't enough, I guess. Ugh. Needless to say, I cried like a baby all the way home and called my mom.
 
But as rough as the last couple days may have been, I have to remember that I get to come home each day to kids that thrive off getting smiles out of me and fight over my attention. My hubby baby's me, and today slips and tells me of a present that will be here for me by the end of the week. I have a good marriage, we like each other, and we're friends. My kids do well in school, they are well behaved and good. My sweet Stella is such a lovely little lap dog that somehow knows exactly how I'm feeling, when.
 
My life could be a lot worse. Bad days are just that, bad days, but not a bad life. I have a good life, and one that I am grateful for. And like my Mama always said, every cloud has a silver lining.



No comments: