Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It's lonely at the top...

I've often heard that... that it's lonely at the top. Guess it's true? I've been made 'Team Leader' at work. It doesn't mean anything really, but yesterday I held the first meeting with all our other nurses just to brainstorm on what we could do to make our office better. I thought it was a good thing. I thought it's what I was supposed to do. I was NOT prepared for the barrage of pitchforks that I was greeted with after the fact...
 
My team of nurses weren't the ones holding the pitchforks, it was more like other staff members giving us the silent treatment. Apparently our words were misconstrued to that we were pointing fingers at others stating that other departments were not doing there jobs. *sigh* I suddenly feel as if I am back in high school, literally! One of these disgruntled co-workers deleted me from her Facebook last night!
 
You know, I was just trying to do a GOOD thing. A positive thing. But I guess a little bit of change was enough to stir up an ants nest and boy have I been bit! I am about as excited to go in to work today as I would be to face a firing squad.
 
Do I keep trying to find/fix whatever is not right? Do I keep trying to offer solutions? Or do I tuck my tail between my legs and just hide in a corner? Well, if you know me... I'm sure you know the answer to that! (; In the meantime, I'm off to lick my wounds!

No comments: