Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lesson from my 3 year-old...


Many of you have heard the story of little Ward Wright. Apparently, even my son is familiar with Ward's fight because this afternoon he stopped me dead in my tracks. Caleb brought me his prized posession, a little hand held Cars game that is his favorite toy. He asked me if he could give it to his friend, Ward. Keep in mind that my 3 year-old son has never met little Ward and no one ever asked for him to give anything... And yet he came to me with his favorite toy and insisted that we give it to Ward...


The lesson my son taught me brought tears to my eyes. First off, he even wanted to give something to a stranger... But more importantly, he chose to give his prized posession. He didn't pick out a toy that he never plays with, or maybe something half working. He insisted on giving a little boy that he has never met his absolute favorite toy.


What is my prized posession? And would I give my most treasured posession away? Would I give it away willingly without being asked? Would I give it away to someone that I have never even met? Sometimes it's easy to give when it's not a sacrifice for me, but what if it is???


Thank you Lord for speaking through the mouths of babes...

No comments: