Friday, July 12, 2013

Turn for the... BETTER!

I am THRILLED to be able to truthfully say that for the past two days, I have felt better than I have felt in ages! On a pain scale of 0-10, I've been at a 2!! Way better than the 7 I've been dealing with for the past few months.

I'm still on the Topamax and Cymbalta, but my new neurologist has added Midrin and a PRN medicine called Dihydroergotamine Mesylate. This latter medication I have never heard of, it leaves a horrible taste in my mouth, but it does seem to offer some relief. I'm back to using a pill box to remember when and how often to take my medication, but I'd take that over how I was feeling any day.

My mood has improved as well. Why wouldn't it? After all, I finally feel like my head's not going to explode!

Yesterday, a friend stopped by and made the comment about me being such a trooper. If she only knew! I feel like I am the biggest whiny butt in the world. But then... I guess the only people that I really whine too are those that live under my roof. In front of everyone else, I am pretty good at slicking on a smile. After all, I have had nearly six years of practice. (;

No comments: