Monday, November 24, 2008

So annoying...

Yesterday was a pretty bad day. My head hurt so bad that it was painful to keep my eyes open or to walk. I spent the day on the couch - not studying (and I have a test every single week for the next 3 weeks). It's so easy for other people to forget that I'm not like them... I look great - my hair is now long enough to completely cover my scar. I have come a long way. But sometimes, I still feel pretty sick. Some days, I still have to take my emegency breakthrough pain medication. Some days, I want to just die.

I know that I have come such a long way. The headaches used to be daily, and now they are about every 2 weeks. I know that I should be grateful, but instead I'm just annoyed. I want to be "normal" so bad. I yearn for it. I don't want to worry about stress causing a headache. Or staying up to late will result in a headache the next day. I want to get through school without the effects of this stupid tumor slowing me down. I want to spend an entire day out shopping without getting tired, instead of hitting up 3 stores and then being exhausted.

We're creeping up on my one year anniversary of the surgery, and really I am doing so much better than I was then... I'm doing better than I was a few months ago... But I'm not where I want to be. And that is what annoys me.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi,

I just found your blog. Sorry about the headaches. My son has a JPA too.

He's doing well. We are 3 years out now.

Nice to meet you☻

Jessica (I've survived a brain tumor!) said...

Hi Susan! I'm not really great on these things, so not sure how to contact you. I looked at your blog and we have a lot in common!! Does your son still have trouble with headaches? Does he have to take any medications? Tell me there is light at the end of this tunnel! LOL