Wednesday, November 19, 2008

And yet another side effect...

So for nearly 2 months now, I have experienced pretty serious nausea. In the beginning, I actually would vomit, but after a solid week of all that, I just felt sickly. Very sickly. So I've gone back and forth to the doctor to rule out the "normal" stuff, and we've finally figured out what's wrong with me.

Apparently, I have developed a stomach ulcer. The medicines that I swallow like candy to take the edge off of the headaches has "killed" some of the mucus lining and protection of my stomach. Since that lining has been eaten away, stomach acid has moved right in and caused an ulcer. Lovely.

Sometimes I feel like I'll be haunted by this stupid brain tumor forever.

With a doctors excuse, I missed a solid month of my PE class, so I'm not sure how that is going to affect me. I've still managed to go to my other class (frequently running out of the class to dry heave). And miraculously I have an 80 average right now. That doesn't compare to the 'A's that I'm used to making, but everyone keeps telling me that's good so I guess I'm happy. As long as I can cling onto that 'B'. I'll be devastated if I make anything lower...

Not that I want to come off as negative. I am pretty grumpy today because my head is killing me, but I am still thankful of how far I've come. I just have to keep reminding myself of that and not dwell on the negatives.

No comments: