Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today's Neurology Appointment

So I went to the neurologist this morning and he agreed that my "symtoms" (headache, foot numbness, exhaustion, etc) are probably a result of the surgery and not the brain tumor. Remember, the type of brain tumor that was found in me is very slow growing.

I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow morning to see how much fluid build-up there is, and what we should do about it. Chances are that is the culprit of me not feeling so hot. My MRI in March showed some fluid, but not tons of it. If tomorrow's test doesn't show much more, then we may opt to just keep an eye on it. If the test does show an increase in build-up, we will talk to my surgeon in Atlanta to see how he feels we should go about releasing some of it.

I am now on a couple new medicines, so I have to bite the bullet and get a pill box. Guess I'm like a little old lady, huh? Hopefully these new medications will help (if not stop) some of the symptoms that I'm feeling.

In addition, this nuerologist wants to see me every 6 weeks for awhile to keep a check on things. I can now add him to my growing list of doctors! HA

I think it's safe to say that not only do I hate the brain tumor, but I hate the brain surgery. I feel like they are co-conspirators in robbing me blind. They have taken my health, my sense of security, my job, my finances, etc. When I gave the lady at the desk my bank card for my co-pay today, it was declined. Figures! I don't know if I've ever been so broke before!!!! Thankfully, she was so sweet and offered to just bill me.

So I'm going to rest now and try not to feel so aggrevated...

No comments: