Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And so I wait...

For Valentine's, my husband and his buddy, Chris, whisked me and Haley off to Savannah for a night. It was absolutely everything that I have always imagined it to be - rich in history, breathtakingly beautiful, and just perfect. Our trip was fantastic: we walked everywhere we wanted to go, soaked in tons of beauty and history, took fantastic tours, and stayed up way past my "curfew". And even though it was well worth it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat, I've definately paid for it the last two days.

I felt great during the trip, which was such a relief! But yesterday and today I've just felt exhausted, wobbely and slow, and my heads been hurting. When we got in the truck to come back home, ice cream cones from Leopold's in hand, Chris popped in a CD and the song that played couldn't have been more perfect. It's from John Waller titled "While I'm Waiting". If you've seen 'Fireproof', you'll recognize it from that movie.

These words perfectly match the words in my heart. "I'm waiting on You, Lord, though it is painful, but patiently I will wait...While I'm waiting, I will serve You. While I'm waiting, I will worship. While I'm waiting, I will not faint... I'm waiting though it's not easy, but faithfully I will wait... I'll be running the race even while I wait... I'll be taking every step in obediance... "So God, even though my head is splitting in pain, even though the pain is enough to keep me awake at night and grimacing during the day, even though I don't understand why I'm still going through this 15 months post-surgery, even though it isn't easy to keep on going - I am waiting on You... I will continue to put one foot in front of the other out of obediance... I will not faint...

I will worship and serve You because no matter how I might feel, You haven't changed. You are still God. You are still good and majestic and holy and pure. You are still righteous and true to Your word. You are by my side through every smile and each tear. You are faithful, and so I will be too, Lord. I am hopeful... And so I wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jessica,
Your faith is strong and your family and friends are by your side. It took me over 2 years to start feeling like myself after a stage 3 breast cancer diagnosis. Each day is a blessing and a challange as I adjust to the new me. Suffering brought me peace.... Just like you, I surrendered all to our almighty God. The tranquility of that surrender will remain unforgetable and still sustains me today.
I send you my humble prayers for a complete recovery.
Best Wishes,
Mary Leopold
Leopold's Ice Cream
Savannah, Georgia

Jessica (I've survived a brain tumor!) said...

Oh wow... I appreciate your comment so much and it's awesome to have you leave a comment because we ate a yummy ice cream cone from Leopold's on our way out!

Anonymous said...

I have come to realize that everything and everyone in our life has purpose. You graced our ice cream shop with your loving spirit. I often joke that there are less than 6 degrees of seperation and they all converge at Leopold's Ice Cream. :-)
My husband Stratton will be on the Paula Dean Cooking show on Feb.28...sharing our receipe for Huckelberry toping. He is my best friend and one of my great gifts from God.
Hang in there dear Jessica!
Sincerely,
Mary Leopold
Leopold's Ice Cream