Monday, February 2, 2009

Ah-ha Moment

This morning I was doing ordinary household chores and for some reason I started thinking about "the headaches". I don't know why that's what my mind settled on because I don't have a headache today (I mean, I have a headache every day, but today I don't have "the headache"). I was remembering week before last when I thought I was going to black out in pain when "the headache" hit me like a freight train. I remembered my desperate pleas to God and my questions over why, 14 months post-surgery, this was still going on. And suddenly, as I was loading the dishwasher, a thought passed through my head. Over and over I kept hearing, "I know the plans I have for you..." I knew that those words were spoken to me by God because 1. I certainly don't understand what's going on and 2. I wouldn't think in the first person (I mean, when I think about myself I say things like "I know my plans").

I wasn't like in the floor sobbing or anything. Just talking to God while I loaded the dishwasher. So after I finished up my chore, I looked up the scripture running through my head to see exactly what it promises.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Don't think that I can follow that promise from God with anything even close to adequate. I'll just say that I hardly ever, well never really, understand what He's up to, but I trust Him. You know why I trust Him? Because He loves me. I know He loves me.

No comments: