Thursday, June 5, 2008

How's THIS for facing my fears...

To downsize even further on bills, we're going to sell my car and we've bought a motorcycle. The plan is that the kids and I will drive Martin's truck (4 door Tacoma) so we won't technically be a single car family.

Martin's been riding the bike, but tonight we both went for a ride. I was really nervous on the turns, but I actually had a great time! Surely now I can ride my bicycle, huh??? LOL


On a sad note, today was my last day at work. I went out with a "bang" though... Today was the last day of a 2 day grief camp we hold each year for kids in our community. The camp is always beautiful, and today was certainly no exception. Even though I did cry a couple times saying "goodbye" this evening, knowing that so many children were on their way to healing made my transition seem so small...


So I guess it would be safe to say that today was actually a good day... A bittersweet kind of day...

1 comment:

Ram Ram said...

I'm so happy to hear that you had a somewhat good day. I'm sure that you brought smiles to those children's faces and heard their laughter....I understand though, bittersweet! What a strange word huh? I'm here for you, and I expect you to come visit much more often now. I need you Jessi poo poo. I LOVE YOU!!!!