Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Healing takes time...



I guess I could have shared pictures of my brain before now, but in any case this is a picture after the tumor was removed from my brain. The "pocket" on the back of my neck is where the tumor used to be and keeps trying to fill with fluid and not drain. That was the case when this picture was taken.

When the spot fills with fluid, it causes me to experience many of the same old symptoms of having the tumor... Guess that's why some days are good and some days are kind of bad...

Yesterday was the official 6 month "anniversary" of my brain surgery, but this picture just goes to show what a long road recovering from something like this really is... Sometimes I get frusterated with myself for still not feeling good or being so tired all the time, but looking at this picture is a good reminder for myself that these things take time...

No comments: