Sunday, February 24, 2013

Once a nurse, always a nurse. :)

So I just celebrated 1 month of working as a nurse for a doctor in a nephrology office. I am now in a doctor's office and away from the hospital!!!! This means several things - all good for my headaches.

1. Less stress. Of course the job still has stress, and a new job certainly does, but the high stress of a medical floor juggling 5+ severely ill patients was just a wee little much.
2. I get to pee!!!! While I'm sort of being funny, I'm sort of not either. Before, work would be so intense and busy, that I'd be lucky to pee once during my lunch break for the entire 12 hour shift. Keeping hydrated was a joke. I NEVER even finished a single bottle of water as I choked my lunch down. Now, I drink several bottles of water a day. Any migrainer knows that a HUGE trigger to headaches is hydration.
3. Better hours & more sleep! I get to see my kids get on the school bus each morning and I get to wear sunglasses when I drive home every day. I get 8+ hours of sleep each night now (and lack of sleep is just another one of those wretched migraine triggers.)

I have noticed that I'm feeling much better and I've even had a coupe of people tell me that I look like I'm feeling better. My only complaint is that at the end of the day, I feel so incredibly tired. Almost enough to where I'm wondering if I'm anemic. I've also noticed several unexplained bruises on my legs and my eyes look a little pink?

However, I think I'll begin a multi-vitamin and bulking up the iron in my diet to see if I notice an improvement. Also, I'd like to start walking a couple times a week. I just don't want to OVER do it, because over-exertion seems to also be a trigger for me. Shesh! Perhaps I should live in a bubble??? Nah! I'm getting this thing figured out. (; Soon, I'll be a migraine master. LOL

1 comment:

ps3 jailbreak said...

I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!