Friday, December 12, 2008

*Happy Sigh*


Took my last final Tuesday night, and I'm VERY relieved to have a break from school. I think that I made a 'B' in Anatomy & Physiology 2, but an 'Incomplete' in PE due to that entire month that I missed workouts because of that stomach ulcer. *Sigh* Oh well, can't have everything! LOL


Still having headaches daily, but sometimes they aren't as severe (meaning just that I can live through them and halfway function). Almost done taking the medicine for the stomach ulcer, and I have an appointment Wednesday to see if it's healed. My stomach's not bothering me nearly like it was, so we'll see.


Also Wednesday marks one year since my brain surgery!! Didn't know if I'd live to celebrate, so I'm pretty thankful. Of course you are well aware of how recovery knocked the wind out of me, but I'm adjusting. I mean, pre-surgery it would have been fairly easy for me to make 'A's in school (AND still work), but I've struggled and fought so hard for that one 'B' that I'm pretty happy. And even though I'm not where I want to be, I am still further than anyone thought. NO ONE thought that I would be able to make it through this semester at school, so I'm pleased that I kinda did. (-; Too bad that PE, the easiest class ever, messed me up. But at least I didn't have to quit like everyone thought.


We leave next week to spend Christmas with family out of town. I couldn't be more excited, but I am nervous. I'm wondering how I'll do with the change of pressure on the airplane? I know over the summer I couldn't go under water because the pressure change made my head burst in pain... Guess I'll mention that question at the doctors appointment Wednesday. Not real excited to take drugs and be all dopey on my vacation, but I also don't want to be in a pain crisis either... Anyone care to share their experience?


Funny how many aspects of life something so big affects, huh? I've come to accept that I may always come across circumstances that I'll have to handle differently because of the tumor/surgery. I used to get angry by it, but I am learning to adjust and change my way of thinking. Instead of thinking how robbed I feel, I think of how to tackle a new obstacle. And I know that I can tackle each obstacle because I'm not alone. God's right by my side. (-:


OH!!! And tonight we're hosting a Christmas Party for our Bible Study group. I'm SUPER excited about it!! And see, there is another reason for me to celebrate. Last year I couldn't even walk at Christmas, and this year I'm able to host a party!! *Me sticking my tongue out at brain tumors/surgery*

No comments: