Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yep... I'm bragging! :-)

For ages I had been fine. No headaches. No other symptoms. Just a 'normal' healthy person. And then I started the summer semester of nursing school in May. And a week after classes started, WHAM. The headaches came roaring back.

It was rough. I was convinced that the tumor was back. Thankfully, and MRI proved me wrong. But the headaches were still there and roaring like a madman. So off to the neurologist I went. We've been trying all kinds of different migraine medications, and I had a big decision to make - whether or not I was going to try to tough it out in school. Summer nursing classes are just crazy talk, but I'm one crazy girl. And so I stayed.

Nursing school, my two kids at home for the summer, and killer headaches... This summer has just been great! LOL And yet Monday was the final, and I managed to pull a B off on it. And a B in the class!!!! :-) I must say, I'm VERY proud and determined that I am not allowing that stupid brain tumor to steal anything else from me!! I just refuse. :-)

3 more semesters left and I'll be an R.N. Brain tumor or not, I'm still going to live my dreams!

No comments: